A Cherry On Top


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Beginnings and Changes

2010 is starting off with a bang!  I start classes tomorrow night.  Yes, they are at night this semester and I am not happy about that, but the plus side is that I was given an amazing opportunity to work full time as a substitute at Lexington Middle.

Beginning on Friday, I will be subbing for a teacher who is leaving on maternity leave and will be gone for about 8-10 weeks or so.  She should be coming back around the beginning of March.  This is a good thing you see because that gives me about 2-3 weeks to catch up on serious school work and prepare for the next assignment.  Another teacher leaves at the beginning or April or a little before for her maternity leave and I will be in her classroom until the end of the school term.

I am really excited about this opportunity, but I am scared to death and I am most worried that my school work will suffer.  Noel has lectured me on how I am going to have to work harder, which he has no business doing -- he is the king of procrastination, but he is right.  And I HATE when he is right...lol  Working in these positions will give me a little something extra on my resume when it comes to working in the system after graduation.  I am really hopeful that it leads to great job opportunities.    Wish me luck!

Lastly, I am becoming the vice president of KDE.  That's Kappa Delta Epsilon.  It is a national honor society fraternity for education majors.  This is also a neat opportunity and it too will allow me to have that little something extra on my resume.  Hopefully it won't be too demanding.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That's exciting news that you'll be subbing all year for these two teachers. :) Great for your resume!